Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jiyügaoka station

Day: 1
Saturday 1/26/08 12:00-1:00 pm
I am standing in front of the main entrance to the station. Leaning against the a rail note book in hand. Families poor in and out of the station. Little kids running ahead of their mothers are quickly called back to next to their mothers. The families that are leaving the station quickly disappear into the numerous walking only side street full of shops. The man next to me is looking at me either not aware of my peripheral vision or not caring I bet if I look up he will look away. He looked away an pretended I was their. This some up my experience so far in Japan strangers that are so interested to pretend I am not here. The station pluses. Four trains come in and out of the station and every couple of minutes I here a trains coming and going.

Day: 2
Sunday 1/27/0812:00-12:45pm
Today I am standing by the side entrance to the station. I am a little more under over, people don't notice until they pass me, its Sunday and there seems to be more foot traffic there seems to be fewer families out together. I see more teens and people in there 20s and 30s. From this vantage point I can see people walking in and out of the Lawson. Most people only stay about 5 minutes. But one man in a grey suet stands looking in a magazine for 30 pulse minutes. I cannot imagine walking in any convene store in the states an reading a magazine for 30 minutes without being asked to leave. The man in the grey suite man left the store and walks into the station and likely catches one of the trains that rumble over my head. As more people walk past as son as they see or pass me they seem to remember that they are in a furry and they start to run.

Day: 3
Monday 1/28/08 11:00-11:50am
To day I have decided to take the train to school. The station’s population has been cut in half. I have decided to take video from two different vantage points across the street from the station and where I stood yesterday. People see my camera and take the long way a round to avoid me.

No comments: